The Great British Bake Off is everything – Mary Berry is literally my spirit animal, Mel and Sue need to be my aunties, and don’t get me started on Paul. It’s such a relatable show at times; I mean I can barely bake myself on a sunbed without burning, so the actual cookery part goes over my head, but there’s no denying we can all relate to the emotions of the contestants and hosts alike. Here are 12 times GBBO has related to my life (and hopefully yours too).
1. How your brain feels when someone says they don’t drink.
2. When a guy asks ‘why is a girl like you on Tinder?’
3. THIS. LOL!
4. Trying to wake ‘that guy’ up from last night.
5. How ‘cheat day’ looks.
6. Rolling home after going for ‘one drink’ after work and trying to decide what to make for dinner.
7. When someone asks why you are single.
8. When you see a girl wearing the same dress as you on a night out.
9. When a guy says he ‘loves the outdoors’.
10. When you think your food is coming but it goes to the table next to you (who came in after you as well. Fume).
11. When the guy you’ve been flirting with for all of ten seconds tells you he has a GF.
12. How you feel when checking your phone after a tequila filled night out with the girls
Are you a fan of GBBO? Tweet me and let me know your thoughts on this post (@TheMonochromes_)